Welcome to my blog. If you're addicted to books, like I am, then you've come to the right place. I mostly write about books and my experiences reading them. These are very personal book reviews. (If you can even call them book reviews...) I’m a true believer that none of us lives in a vacuum. When you read a book, watch a movie, listen to a song, etc., you absorb that art form into your life experience, and it changes you. But you also change it, because no two people see anything the same way. The way I interpret a novel may be totally different from the way you will. It’s still the same novel, but the meaning for each of us is unique. Once you express that meaning, it changes the art. So these posts are about how these books fit into my life. I’d love to hear how they fit into yours. Please make comment and share your experience.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My First Post

It’s been a few weeks since I decided to start this blog and so far I have about a half a dozen “book review” posts all in the editing stage.  It’s taking me a lot longer to do this than I anticipated, so I started asking myself if I was just scared to make a first post.  I haven’t convinced myself one way or the other, but I decided to just post something and get it over with.  Then (hopefully) the 2nd post won’t be that big of a deal.   Soooo…I’m going to write out a list of all the books I’ve read so far this year.  My plan is to write a review for all of them and then keep going forward with the new things I read. 
1.       Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts (I haven’t finished this yet)
2.       Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
3.       Foundation by Isaac Asimov (I didn’t finish this yet)
4.       World Without End by Ken Follett
5.       Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett
6.       What the Dog Saw by Malcolm Gladwell (I haven’t finished this yet)
7.       Outlander by Diana Gabaldon
8.       Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon
9.       Twilight by Stephenie Meyer     
10.   Voyager by Diana Gabaldon
11.   New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
12.   Mission of Honor by David Weber
13.   Sizzling Sixteen by Janet Evanovich
14.   Drums of Autumn by Diana Gabaldon
15.   The Sharing Knife: Beguilement by Lois McMaster Bujold
16.   The Sharing Knife: Legacy by Lois McMaster Bujold
17.   Pope Joan by Donna Woolfolk Cross
18.   Strength in What Remains by Tracy Kidder (Just finished this one last night)
19.   Await your Reply by Dan Chaon (Just started this one last night)
Okay, that wasn’t so hard...

No comments:

Post a Comment