Here is our reading schedule with links to the corresponding reviews.
- August 2011 - The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler, click here for review.
- September 2011 - The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson, click here for review.
- October 2011 - Emma by Jane Austen. (Our first selection left us all wanting to read (or re-read) the Jane Austen books, so we are planning to read one approximately every other month until we have read all six!) Click here for review.
- November 2011 -Atonement by Ian McEwan, Click here for review.
- December 2011 - The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins (We are swapping a Jane Austen for this one because we want to read it before the movie comes out and KDL didn't have a BCIB available for it until December 2012!) Click here for review.
- January 2012 - Things We Couldn't Say by Diet Eman, Click here for review.
- February 2012 - Shanghai Girls by Lisa See Click Here for Review.
- March 2012 - Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen Click Here for Review.
- April 2012 - The Tenderness of Wolves by Stef Penney
- May 2012 - We are taking a month off...
- June 2012 - Little Bee by Chris Cleave
- July 2012 - Jane Austen selection TBD
- August 2012 - A Stronger Friendship: One Town's Extraordinary Story of Hope and Faith by Anna-Lisa Cox
- September 2012 -Jane Austen selection TBD
Fuschia highlighted months we are utilizing Kent District Library's "Book Club in a Bag" (BCIB) feature. The program gives book clubs a bag of 14 book copies and a sheet of discussion questions. We don't have 14 people in our club, so I will always have extra copies. If you are local to Grand Rapids and you know me and want to read the selection along with us, let me know and I'll loan you a copy.