Welcome to my blog. If you're addicted to books, like I am, then you've come to the right place. I mostly write about books and my experiences reading them. These are very personal book reviews. (If you can even call them book reviews...) I’m a true believer that none of us lives in a vacuum. When you read a book, watch a movie, listen to a song, etc., you absorb that art form into your life experience, and it changes you. But you also change it, because no two people see anything the same way. The way I interpret a novel may be totally different from the way you will. It’s still the same novel, but the meaning for each of us is unique. Once you express that meaning, it changes the art. So these posts are about how these books fit into my life. I’d love to hear how they fit into yours. Please make comment and share your experience.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

314 Page Views

When I started writing this blog, I figured the only people reading it would be my parents, my sister and my two best friends, so I didn't DARE put a view counter on it for fear that I'd die of embarassment that it only had 10 page views.

Three months later, I know my parents haven't looked at it all.  (I guilt trip them about this every other time I talk to them, but it hasn't worked yet.)  So that takes the potential 5 followers down to 3, which is exactly the number of "official" followers I have. Best case scenario, I figured my 3 followers have maybe checked it 10 times each so I might have 30 page views...

But today I was playing around with some formatting, adding some links, doing some posting, and I thought...maybe I'll add the page view counter just to see what it says...and then if it's really embarassing I can take it off just as fast and no one will be the wiser. 

I nearly fell out of my chair.  Actually I jumped out of my chair, ran into the other room in front of the TV and said to Adam "OH MY GOD!  GUESS HOW MANY PAGE VIEWS I HAVE!!!!!!!!!"  He was not as excited about this as I was.  But at least he didn't crane his neck around me to see the TV.  I didn't wait for him to answer: "314!!!!!!!!!!!    MY BLOG HAS BEEN VIEWED 314 TIMES!!!!!!!!!" 

And then I called my sister and told her, too.  And tomorrow I'll call my parents and tell them they're missing  out on a blog that has been viewed 314 times!

So thanks to all of you who have been reading.  You made my day. My night. My month.

1 comment:

  1. And to think your Dad missed the post on the HTAF scale!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete