Welcome to my blog. If you're addicted to books, like I am, then you've come to the right place. I mostly write about books and my experiences reading them. These are very personal book reviews. (If you can even call them book reviews...) I’m a true believer that none of us lives in a vacuum. When you read a book, watch a movie, listen to a song, etc., you absorb that art form into your life experience, and it changes you. But you also change it, because no two people see anything the same way. The way I interpret a novel may be totally different from the way you will. It’s still the same novel, but the meaning for each of us is unique. Once you express that meaning, it changes the art. So these posts are about how these books fit into my life. I’d love to hear how they fit into yours. Please make comment and share your experience.

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Out of the Mouths of Book Babes

Today one of the BABBs missed our final book discussion because she had to take care of some important personal business.  Her sweet husband apologized to her that she had to miss work to accompany him and she replied..."I don't care about work---but I missed Book Lunch!"  Out of the mouths of babes...well, book babes anyway...

As a fellow book addict, I get it completely. I hate missing book discussions.  The BABBs have it pretty good because we see each other every day and meet once a week for lunch, so we have a continual book dialog going, and even then, we still manage to fill the last meeting for each book with tons of discussion.  It's a good thing.

Here are a couple of other random tidbits I've been meaning to post, so I'll just compile them all together.

The first is a link to a review of the Diana Gabaldon "Outlander" series written by a man.  This is pretty unique, because most of her fans are women. It's a good review and totally something you should print out if you want your husband to read these books so he can pick up some Jamie tips.  It's called "My Outlander thing: How a brainy guy like me wound up reading historical romance novels" by Gavin McNett.  (If you haven't read the blog long enough to know why I think all men should be more like Jamie Fraser, you need to read The Hotter Than Adam Factor post.)

The second is a link was forwarded to me by another BABB.  It's several maps of Panem from The Hunger Games.  It is really cool and here are a few things you should know:  The book babe that wrote this map is a bigger book nerd than I am (and I mean that as the highest compliment.)  She paid way better attention to the Hunger Games books than I did because I don't remember any of this stuff.  I'd even go so far as to say she put more thought into Panem than Suzanne Collins did.  It's super cool, very intelligent, well researched and worth a look.  It's called Suzanne Collins' Map of Panem, created by AimMyArrowsHigh.livejournal.com and BadGuys.livejournal.com  The final map is below, but follow the link, because they go into super detail describing how they came to this final map version.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment